Friday, January 2, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (Just a little late, but it's the thought that counts!) We hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday.....we sure did! Andee and Katie are still a little too young to get too excited about the whole Santa thing--thank goodness--but we were still work up at 7 in the morning to open presents! Katie actually started trying to unwrap ALL of them the night before, I think she was more excited for Andee's things that for her own! They have been wanting a playhouse for awhile, so Santa brought them a little Cottage thing that has a sink, changing table, baby bed, washer, stove, and chair--man did their eyes light up! It was so fun to see how excited they were over every little thing! They got a lot of clothes, which is a WONDERFUL thing since they are almost wearing the same size! Katie I think is going to be a bit bigger than little Andee! Christmas morning Gabe's parents came over for breakfast which was really nice, then we headed out to my mom and dad's for a little while. We got to talk to Emma, which the girls just love, we really wish that they were closer to us! Then we headed over to Grandma Erickson's for lunch. We are so blessed to have her in our lives! She is such a sweetheart and a joy! I really don't know what I would do without her! Christmas is a hard time for her cuz she misses Grandpa so much, but we are lucky that we have such a close knit family! Gabe still can't believe how close the Erickson's are! He has a hard time keeping up with all my "Aunts and Uncles" when half of them are really just cousins that I have ALWAYS called Aunt or Uncle!
Christmas went well---that is until 4:00 when Gabe got called out to go plow! We were supposed to have a nice prime rib dinner--obviously that didn't work out too well! He didn't get home until 3 in the morning! They then decided to try to call him to come out again at 5! I had already headed up to fill in at the Coal Mine so I wasn't home to hear the phone, and when I got to the Mine and called to tell him I made it, he wasn't hearing it himself! I think that I FINALLY got ahold of him around 10! The girls had slept in (thank goodness) since they had such a big day the day before, and he wasn't about to wake up! Poor guy, it seems like all he has been doing lately is plowing the roads in Helper!
We are so glad to have 2008 behind us! It was just one of those years! Hard to believe that it's come and gone already! We hope that everyone has a GREAT New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment